Wednesday, September 23, 2009

in the NUDE!!

Soooo...On Sept 15th (last Tues), my fashion illustration class and I met up at Académie de la Grande Chaumière, in the 6th district of Paris. There, we were to draw a nude model. I didn't think anything of it, I mean, it wasn't a big deal that she was nude. The whole experience was very interesting. I was surrounded by real artists, these older men and women genuinely enjoyed expressing themselves through a very creative medium. I really enjoyed the experience of quick sketching. The first pose, we were allotted 45 minutes to complete. The 2nd = 25min, the 3rd = 10 min and the last 9 poses were to be done in 5 minutes, yes, 5 minutes! It was all very exciting to me--the environment, the challenge of completing it so that people would actually be able to tell what it was, and my eagerness to see the outcome -- all very exciting to me. Below area few examples...only showed 3 pages of 5 min drawings (but 4 total drawings).

45 minutes...


25 mins...


10 mins...


5 mins...


5 mins...


5 mins...


--------------------------------------------------------
Today in class we worked on body proportions. We did a few exercises where we drew where the joints were on a human body (so that's why it may have big dots in certain places). Then we drew models from magazines and also identified their points. The picture of my two models are below.

p.s. I really enjoyed drawing the model on the right. She is the type of model (hairstyle, attitude, fierceness, & everything) that I want to show off & have sale my collection!!

enjoy...




oh & i also had an assignment where I had to go to the Louvre and sketch Venus du Milo, she's below...




 merci!

No comments: