Friday, December 04, 2009

uhh...Turkey Day in Paris?!

So. Yea. I'm late. Thanksgiving, which happened a week ago, was fabulous.

Europe does not celebrate Thanksgiving - which makes sense, seeing as the meeting of the pilgrims and Native Americans is not apart of their history.


Two of my roommates and I hosted a big feast at our place in the 11th arrondisement. Each of us made a dish. Nat mustered up the great balls to ask our History of Haute Couture fashion professeur to join us for an American tradition - in which we shared/taught him (for a change) the story behind the American holiday.

We were born Stars


Nat prepared the (oh so delicious) turkey breast - it's hard to come across a whole turkey in Paris, actually is it possible? haha - okay, my own little inside joke.

Moving right along....

So. Nat prepared the turkey breast and glutton-free stuffing w/apples. I had never had stuffing that was made of bread. Nor had I ever tasted apples mixed in with a hot dinner. My family always make "dressing" (as opposed to "stuffing") and it is made of cornbread. So, that, I found to be interesting. However, it was quite delicious and nutritious... hmm hmm!

Gab made tasty mashed potatoes. I made fresh green beans with toasted walnuts sprinkled on top and Ninsterz made gravy and a big salad. Now for the dessert, Steph made two chocolate mousse cakes and homemade whip cream and Sherry made pumpkin pies and an apple pie.

So we were well fed!
My type of party...

Getting prepared...



& goofing around [while still getting prepared]...



Time to eat!


After dinner, we took it back to the good ol' days...
...we made hand turkeys!! =)
here's mine... hehe. She's a star.


Afterward, we had great dessert & a few additional friends joined us.


It was a fabulous and successful Thanksgiving. We chatted about anything and everything - from when I was a little girl wanting to be a pediatrician to Farrah Faucet & Michael Jackson's death. & of course we talked about fashion ♥

Post dinner...
Proffeseur gone. 3 others left. Now what?
Stephanie, are u being studious or are you looking for Aretha Franklin's "Respect" song for karaoke?? :) i wonder...



A word from yours truly...


I must say, this past Thanksgiving was the one of the best I've had in years. It's hard to be away from family on holidays but we rolled up our sleeves and made it work.

I will never forget my Thanksgiving in the beautiful City of Lights. It'll have a special place in my ♥.

No comments: