Monday, November 23, 2009

I ♥ NY. I ♥ teenVOGUE.

There really is not a relevant purpose for this posting other than it just being something that's been on my mind. With being in Paris (& even when I am in Davis attending school there) I sometimes start to reminisce about the good ol' days of high school -- start to really miss my girls. One of whom has moved to New York for college and whom I do not see coming back to California to live for a very long time...

She & I in NY in 2008...


With her in mind, I began thinking about my visit to New York last year. Which brought on a string of memories and desired dreams....

Since I was in the 6th grade, I had always wanted to work in a magazine. But not just any magazine...

I had always wanted to work in Teen Vogue, in its fashion section.
...2 of my favvvvorite young, black & beautiful models


Last October of 2008 I traveled alone to New York (for the very first time) to attend TeenVogue's Fashion U.

Getting ready to head to SMF airport to fly into JFK..

Excited!! =)


I ♥ NY


I ♥ Ugly Betty


At Fashion U, I listened to fabulous designers like Phillip Lim, Peter Som, Torry Burch, and a few others, not to mention I got the opportunity to talk to Teen Vogue's editors and the rest of their team. It was great!



I would have gone this year as well, but as you may have noticed, I've been in Paris since August, thus I missed the event. Designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Thakoon, Richard Chai and Kimora Lee Simmons (+ many more), were all in attendance at this past October's Teen Vogue U.

Me @ TVFU 2008
...red carpet? :)


The most exciting part for me last year was getting the opportunity to speak with Phillip Lim and learning a little about how he got started. Since then, I have grown to really appreciate Mr. Phillip Lim's clothing and he has become one of my favorites. One day I will be able to afford a pair of his gorgeous pants AND a few of his glamorous dresses. Until then, I will continue to adore from afar...


I submitted my Versace "magazine cover"
    ...& what do you know a couple months later I saw a magazine (I think it was Vogue, can't quite remember) place images behind their type as I did...maybe a coincidence or something that everyone does or... maybe they got inspiration from me... ??? I will never know...
& it's coming...  nearer... &...

BLUFF!! POW!!!
THAT'S MY VERSACE!!! hey Gianni, boo!!! ♥


Say say & I goofing off - waiting for the metro..



On my way home from New York, I had to hurriedly basket weave at the airport and on the plane -- it was due that following morning. Which meant: No Sleep :'(

But it came out pretty magnificent...considering my procrastination, my lack of sleep, and my limited resources (I took two yarn colors which probably should not have been mixed together).



Bye, bye TeenVogue for now..



 I shall return to NY someday as a bi-coastal, big-time, magazine exec or something :)




No comments: