Sunday, November 29, 2009

-SZ- FASHION FILM

After having the hour 1/2 rehearsal on November 18th, at 11h51 am today, I was on rue de Rivoli inside the courtyard of an apartment complex in which I was to be inside of by 12h00. I do not know what the problem is with me and directions. I seem to find my way to the destination, however once I'm within feet of the actual door, I become a very simple minded, direction-less little girl. I knocked on two incorrect apartment doors, in which both of the men nicely let me down by telling me I was at the wrong residence.

As my little Nina would say: "Je suis désolé, Je suis américainne..." :)

But after finally finding the correct residence with Ana, the make-up artist and one of the model's*, the -SZ- Fashion Film day officially began...

Saundra Saulnier's got her "game-face" on
 

Getting prepared...
     rearranging the furniture...
Saundra stopped by the bakery before-hand to pick up some croissants w/apple in the middle of them. I must say, they were quite delicious. I didn't have to worry about there not being any left - I actually think the director, Axel, and I may have eaten them all by ourselves :) ...
Axel placed tape on the floor to cue the models on where they should stand

Anna's on the make-up

The owner of the apartment we used for the shoot had a fantastic collection of art. Below is a picture that was originally hanging above the owner's mantle until it got taken down for the SZ shoot. Underneath it is a cool Napoleon piece.

I also loved his library -- I have to have a collection as deep as this! There were books on topics ranging from Bauhaus and L'Art Nouveau to Salvador Dalí and Monet.
     He actually had another one of these on the other side of the room as well

Models get directions from Saundra Saulnier

Axel and Saundra, are we ready?

Models begin to rehearse...

I think the camera's ready to shoot

Lights, Camera, FASHION!!


I loved this part! The model bff's were fighting for "mirror" space
 

View FINISHED VIDEO here!!
* more to come soon: video clips!
stay tuned.

No comments: