Saturday, October 03, 2009

Club Gibus ♥

Lastnight, I and Stephanie went to Club Gibus--finallllyy I have found a cool, hip-hop scene!! Yayy!! :)



It was cool. We left a little after midnight to go and returned around 3:30am or so. Dancing released some tension and I had the second half of my work-out (the first is running up/down the stairs for the metro :).

My night @ Club Gibus ♡♥ Link to video

There was a great variety of music, a lot of old tunes like "hot in here" by nelly and "Yeah" by Usher--I enjoyed the throwbacks but I was also hoping for some Dream, Mullage and other up-to-date music. But I still enjoyed myself a lot. They seem to really like reggae.

For the most part the guys were very respectful and gave you your space. But, there was also a couple who didn't get the hint very well to f* off -- I gave a few of them a good variety of hints: a push to the chest; a nod 'NO' (without a smile - very serious face); a non-responsive, I can't dance so I'll just stand and look cool, stance; and I even said "Non!" However, a couple felt that it was their right or something to take a dance. Then you had those that after the first, initial dance, they wrapped their arms around you so tightly as if to claim you as their property...

I'm not too fond of those...
------------------



I saw this guy at the club with a Long Beach hat on. Like a tourist, I asked him if I could take a picture of IT. I ended up taking a picture with him and it instead. Afterward, he asked me, "You from Long Beach?" I'm like "Yeah, have you visited there before?" Then he replies in broken English and a huge smile, "I just know SNOOP's there!"

...is that so? lol

That makes it the second time a French person has asked me about Long Beach ONLY because of "SNOOP D, O double G" haha. I guess it is safe to say that Snoop may be a favorite in Paris.
-------------------



Also, I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but lastnight was Lady's Night. So not only did we get in for free but they also hired 2 male *dancers*. Interesting they were. If you checked out the video above, I'm sure you're aware of what I am speaking of. If you missed the video and would like to see it, check it out below...

My night at Club Gibus ♡♥
----------------

Good night it was. On our walk back home, Stephanie bought me a ham & cheese crepe, thanx steph!! It was deee-lish!! =D

The guy making it...



& ME eating it... =P hmm, hmm, good!




The best part was that Club Gibus is located in my district so we were able to walk there. We didn't have to worry about the metro not running, taking a taxi or anything like that.
Oh & not to mention the perk of the free entrance, of course that was also a favorite part! ;)
------------------

All of the possibilities within the 11th district... =)
But so little time... :(


No comments: