Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Madame Tallien vs. Alexander McQueen

So. Basically since Paris' Fashion Week began last week, I've been drooling over all (well, the majority) of the designers Spring 2010 Ready-To-Wear (RTW) collections. Some favorites of mine are: Alexander McQueen, Valentino, Andrew Gn, Givenchy and (of course) Versace.

Now, I know this may sound a bit crazy (or more like, lesbian) but I got really excited when I saw a model of Alexander McQueen's wearing a piece that exposed her left breast.

Ok, allow me to explain:

I am currently taking 'Haute Couture in France: History of Style & Fashion' with the oh, so fabulously-chic Monsieur Constant. We've been discussing a very interesting and distinct woman, Madame Tallien. She was known for her strong, resistant character (after all, she did survive the French Revolution). According to Wikipedia (which I'm kind of embarrassed to site such a non-creditable source, but whatever), she was Jean Lambert Tallien's mistress first, for a while before they married (M. Constant, you can correct me if I'm wrong :) Anyway, the point is: she would shock those around her by exposing only 1 breast.

So, that is why after seeing the Alexander McQueen Spr '10 RTW collection, I was so excited to be able to make a connection with something that happened back in 19th century France with something that's happening currently, in the 21st century FRANCE!! =)

This is soo exciting!!
enjoy...


19th century exposed left breast ♥ Madame Tallien



21st century exposed left breast ♥ Alexander McQueen RTW Spring 2010



That is all for now.


Later, I will post a few pictures of my favorite Spring 2010 RTW collections.

Hmmm, yummy! :)

1 comment:

Jean-Pierre Constant said...

Great! GREAT!!! Clever & as we say in french LUMINEUX. Really brava!
Yours
JP Constant