Sunday, October 04, 2009

Nuit Blanche & Ethical Fashion Show


Nuit Blanche

Lastnight, beginning around 7pm, there was a huge celebration, called Nuit Blanche, in different parts of the city. This celebration attracted many, many people unto the streets of Paris. Nuit Blanche is like a cultural holiday or traditon that showcases different artists' work and it happens every year. "Nuit Blanche" translates to White Night or All-Nighter in French, which takes me to my next point of it being a celebration that continues until the next morning -- around 7am.

Its exact beginning is disputed between Paris, St Petersburg, and Berlin, but, taking elements from all of these, the idea of a night-time festival of the arts has spread around the world since 1997, taking hold from Montreal to Madrid and Lima to Leeds. A Nuit Blanche will typically have museums, private and public art galleries, and other cultural institutions open and free of charge, with the centre of the city itself being turned into a de facto art gallery, providing space for art installations, performances (music, film, dance, performance art), themed social gatherings, and other activities.
                                                                       - Wikipedia
----------------------
Pompidou Center all blurry & lit up


The outside window of a store covered with some type mousse -- that's my "R" =)




Took a step back to enjoy the mousse art...

--------------------♡

Round 1:30am, I ended up getting Gelato ice cream =)
hmm, hmm good!!


more ice cream. yummy!


The purchase...
...cost me 5€. It was worth it -- all 4 different flavors!! =)

----------------♡

Me with a few of Paris Nuit Blanche celebrators...


He thought he was slyly putting bunny ears behind my head--I was aware of them the entire time. I thought I'd let him have his moment :) haha
 

I wasn't able to stay out until 7am like the rest of Paris because I had to meet up with my Fashion Marketing & Merchandising class the next morning at a trade show at 11am plus I wasn't feeling too well. So, I caught the metro around 1:30am, before it stopped running at 2. Made it back to my flat and curled up in my bed and caught some zZzZzzz...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Ethical Fashion Show

This morning, after only getting about 4 hours of sleep, I headed to the Ethical Fashion Show located off of Château d'Eauf. It was beautifully set up and the independent designers showed fabulous, eco-friendly pieces.

The banner of the show...
...i ♥ it


Check out the umbrellas...nice touch.




----
The designer (of these innovative designs below) is from Nigeria.

Made of recycled hats & other sustainable materials...


Made of some type of shell and raffia...
 

 

Made of a recycled shopping bag and raffia...
 

Made of synthetic sunflowers and leaves...
& the guy in the background is the designer.
 
-------------------♡



i ♥ the sleeves
 
------------------♡

Beautifully hand-made, copper jewelery
 
-----------------------♡

 

These ultra sexy & chic clutches are made of recycled soda can openers that [were once] attached to the can
...i don't have a better way to explain it :(

 -------------------♡

OMGawd...I instantly was drawn to this piece--it's so modern-chic

...I would love this for my first place - post-college graduation. So beautiful & enticing.

-------------------♡

& on way home...
[check out ad in the back -- angry little kid, isn't he? lol]

------------------♡

♥ pink kisses ♥
 

No comments: